[UPDATED as of 18th December 2020]
Bury AFC aims to provide a safe environment for all players, coaches, volunteers, and spectators whilst following the government guidance and additional guidance issued by The FA, The Manchester FA, and the National League (North West Counties).
In light of the current COVID restrictions, we have implemented some changes to match days in line with the club’s COVID risk assessment.
- Regrettably, there will no parking available at the ground for fans. Fans are asked to be considerate to local residents when parking their vehicles
- Only fans with tickets purchased beforehand will be able to gain entry. Ticketing is currently QR code entry only. No cash is currently being accepted at the turnstiles
- Fans are asked to practice social distancing at all times around the ground, at refreshment facilities, and within the bar areas
- Yellow taped markers have been spaced around the ground to help facilitate social distancing
- Hand sanitiser will be available on entry at turnstiles and throughout the club house/bar and toilet facilities
- Fans should bring face coverings and these *must be worn inside the bar area. We also encourage face coverings to be worn in the ground generally. *exemptions apply
- For fans that have downloaded the NHS contact tracing app, they will be asked to scan the NHS test and trace QR codes on entry. The Bury AFC QR posters will also be displayed in the bar areas. Please ensure you scan the Bury AFC poster and not the Radcliffe FC poster -the name of the team can be found under the code
- The availability of licensed bar facilities are subject to local Covid restrictions which are subject to change within the tier system.
- The area outside the bars and toilet block will be a ‘no standing zone’ and fans will be politely asked to move out of this area
- If licensed facilities are allowed within the current tier, fans are encouraged to pre-order their drinks at the bars using the NoQ app
- We appreciate that there is limited covered standing and seating in the ground but ask that fans still spread around the ground to maintain social distancing
- Umbrellas will be permitted in wet weather although we ask you to be mindful of obscuring the view of other spectators when using them
- At the end of the game fans sitting in the lodge end stand are encouraged to exit around the ground rather than via the player’s tunnel area. Stewards will be on hand to direct fans to exit around the ground
- Fans are to be mindful of goal celebrations (we hope there will be many) but please follow social distancing rules
- Fans must not enter on to the playing area at any time
- Fans must follow instructions given by club stewards at all times
Any fans with symptoms of COVID-19; a new continuous cough, a fever, or a loss in taste/smell must not attend the match and must not travel to the ground.
We are currently in unusual times and we appreciate that many fans have been waiting a long time to get back to football. We’d like to continue playing but we can only do this with the support of the spectators. We’d like to remind fans that all of our stewards are volunteers. Bury AFC operates a zero-tolerance policy.
Bury AFC’s COVID risk assessment may be found under the Rules and Policies tab of the Bury AFC webpage https://buryafc.uk/