We have today received an update from the FA with regards to the impact of the expected lockdown due to be enforced from Thursday 5th November.
Subject to Members of Parliament voting in the planned measures around reducing the rate of Covid-19 infections, ‘non-elite’ football at the following levels will be suspended until Wednesday 2nd December:
- All fixtures and training for Steps 3-6 of the National League System [NLS];
- All fixtures and training for Tiers 3-7 of the Women’s Football Pyramid [WFP];
- All fixtures and training for the Regional NLS Feeder Leagues;
- All fixtures and training for The Barclays FA WSL Academy League;
- All fixtures and training for FA Girls Regional Talent Clubs;
- All fixtures and training for indoor and outdoor youth and adult grassroots football.
The NWCFL sits at Step 6 and therefore the following Bury AFC fixtures are suspended as a result of these restrictions:
- Atherton LR (A), Sat 7th Nov
- Daisy Hill (H), Sat 14th Nov
- Holker Old Boys (H), Tues 17th Nov
- AFC Darwen (A), Sat 21st Nov
- Cleator Moor Celtic (H), Sat 28th Nov
These fixtures will be allocated rearranged dates as soon as it is possible to do so.
Tonight’s game against Golcar United (7.45pm) at the Neuven Stadium goes ahead as planned.